Preserving Austin’s Past
Our building itself is a treasure. Built in 1887, our historic house appears on Austin’s very first hand-drawn map, produced for a much smaller City of Austin circa 1889.
Though extensive renovations have been made to comply with the City of Austin’s building codes, the structure, design, and integrity of the building remains intact. And though it has not been an easy task to comply with the City’s codes while preserving a building (to put it mildly!), we are incredibly proud that we received the Heritage Society of Austin’s “Merit Award for Adaptive Use” in 2011.